Bredan Harvey Wiki
Bredan Harvey Biography
Who is Bredan Harvey ?
A Miami man has been charged with s*xual assault after he allegedly ran after a Walmart shopper and ripped her clothes off before attempting to rape her.
The s*x offender, who police say is Bredan Harvey, 28, of Miami Gardens, assaulted the stranger at a Miami Dade store on Saturday while the victim was out shopping.
Harvey allegedly lifted the woman’s dress while he was scanning the supermarket aisles and then grabbed her buttocks.
The stunned shopper turned to face her and attacked her, only for the pervert to push her to the ground before grabbing her thighs and her underwear.
She screamed for help and managed to summon help from nearby shoppers.
Customers inside the store reacted quickly and immediately tried to pull Harvey off the victim.
One customer, in particular, wearing a white top, can be seen holding Harvey down with the help of another Good Samaritan until the arrival of local authorities.
The clip of the attack was filmed after Harvey was pulled away from the alleged victim of him, though a shocked-looking woman can be seen leaning against the hallway a few feet from the altercation.
“That’s really unsafe,” said Mikaila Carroll, who often shops at the store in the 3200 block of Northwest 79th Street. “I would go into a Walmart to go shopping.”
“Just for someone to come up to me, without thinking that someone will come up to me, touch me, it’s also terrifying as a woman,” she added.
Shopper Kayla Carter told Local10 that the incident left her speechless after she became a witness.
“I don’t even know what to say, I have no words,” she said. ‘Where is the protection? It’s a shame, it’s a shame that there are children who come here, there are families.’
Harvey, who was initially being held without bail by police, appeared before a judge in court Monday, where it was revealed he was on probation at the time of the incident, the Miami Dade Police Department told DailyMail.com. .
He was ordered to stay away from the victim and the Walmart store before posting $50,000 bond.
Meanwhile, Walmart released a statement Tuesday afternoon, referring to the incident last weekend.
“The safety of our associates and customers is one of our top priorities,” he said.
“We are very disturbed to see something like this in our store and we are grateful to those who intervened to stop the alleged attack and detain this man until the police arrived.”
Local authorities are moving forward with their investigation to assess whether there may be additional victims. Those with additional information are urged to contact the S*x Crimes Investigation Unit (SCIU) at (305) 715-3300.
Bredan Harvey Quick and Facts
- Bredan Harvey, 28, was charged with s*xual battery on Sunday after the incident
- He approached a woman from behind and pulling up her dress while she was shopping in between the store’s aisles, before grabbing her buttocks
- The anonymous victim then began to scream for help as soon as he tore off her underwear and grabbed her thighs and private parts
- Customers inside the store immediately rushed to the scene and pulled Harvey off the woman
- One customer in particular, wearing a white top, can be observed restraining Harvey until Miami Dade Police Department’s arrival
- Harvey was ordered by a judge in court on Monday to stay away from the victim and the Walmart store, before being given a $50,000 bond