Gregory Ryan Miedema Wiki
Gregory Ryan Miedema Biography
Who is Gregory Ryan Miedema ?
Police in Florida are searching for a convicted child molester who allegedly shot a sheriff’s deputy multiple times Tuesday night.
The unidentified critically injured Taylor County officer was airlifted out with life-threatening injuries, according to a spokesperson for the Florida Highway Patrol.
A blue alert was issued shortly after 11:30 p.m. for the suspected gunman, who was identified as 33-year-old Gregory Ryan Miedema.
He was last seen on US 19 near Deer Run Road in Perry, about 50 miles southeast of Tallahassee.
The incident occurred six miles south of Salem, according to the FHP.
Police did not provide details of what led up to the shooting.
Miedema, a registered s*x offender, was convicted in 2011 while serving in the US Army on one count of s*x with a minor and one count of possession of child pornography.
He was sentenced to 78 months in federal prison followed by two months probation, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, which lists felons in the state.
Miedema, who is listed as 5-foot-8, 165 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes, recently moved to Sarasota.
The ex-con was not under the supervision of the Florida Department of Corrections, however, he was not allowed to live within 1,000 feet of a school, daycare, park or playground.
Chrysler Sebring with Florida license plate Y78TKU
He may be traveling in a gold 2000 Chrysler Sebring with Florida license plate Y78TKU. The vehicle has a dark colored convertible top. He was reportedly wearing a dark tank top.
Law enforcement officials warned against approaching the dangerous former soldier.
A Blue Alert is issued if a law enforcement officer is seriously injured, killed by a subject, or goes missing while on duty under circumstances of concern for the law enforcement officer’s safety.
Gregory Ryan Miedema Quick and Facts
- Gregory Ryan Miedema, 33, is suspected of shooting a cop late Tuesday night
- The registered s*x offender was last seen on US 19 near Deer Run Road in Perry
- He may be traveling in a 2000 gold Chrysler Sebring with a Florida license plate tag Y78TKU. The vehicle has a dark-colored convertible top
- The gravely wounded unidentified Taylor County deputy was air-lifted with life-threatening injuries, according to a Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson
- Miedema was convicted in 2011 while serving in the U.S. Army on one count of s*x with a minor and one count of possession of child pornography
- He was sentenced to 78 months in federal prison followed by two months of probation