Jeremy Arrington Wiki
Jeremy Arrington Biography
Who is Jeremy Arrington ?
A New Jersey man was convicted of the 2016 murder of two boys and a college student after he broke into a home, tortured, stabbed the boys to death and fatally shot the student because he was angered by a Facebook post, prosecutors announced Saturday.
Jeremy Arrington, 31, was found guilty on a series of charges related to the Newark home invasion, where authorities said he tortured six people, killing three of them, two of whom were children, and stabbing the other three, according to Essex County. fiscal.
Arrington stabbed 8-year-old Aerial Little Whitehurst and 11-year-old Al-Jahon Whitehurst before shooting 23-year-old Syasia McBorroughs to death.
McBorroughs was a college student visiting family at the time of the murders, authorities said.
However, CBS New York reported that her 29-year-old mother was among the three injured in the attack.
Two 13-year-old twins, a boy and a girl, were also stabbed during the brutal attacks but survived, according to reports.
Authorities said Arrington became enraged and chased after one of the stabbing victims, after they allegedly reposted a police alert on Facebook that named Arrington as a suspect in a previous shooting and s*xual assault, according to NJ.com.
In November 2016, Arrington broke into the Whitehurst residence with a loaded gun before tying up everyone in the house.
After tying them up and rendering them defenseless, he tortured them with kitchen knives, according to prosecutors.
At the time of the crimes, Arrington was also wanted on charges of s8xual assault and aggravated assault for an unrelated incident in October 2016, a month before the murders, Acting Essex County District Attorney Carolyn A Murray said. at a press conference shortly after the assassination. stabbings
He was eventually taken into custody after a confrontation, police told CBS New York. Several SWAT team members responded after being told that Arrington was barricaded inside a building in Newark.
At the time, Newark Mayor Ras Baraka called the attack “one of the most tragic and savage” he had ever seen.
Police had offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to Arrington’s arrest prior to his capture.
Jeremy Arrington Quick and Facts
- Jeremy Arrington, 31, was found guilty on a number of charges related to the Newark home invasion, where authorities said he tortured six people,
- He killed three of them – two of which were children – and stabbed the three others, according to the Essex County prosecutor
- Arrington stabbed Aerial Little Whitehurst, 8, and Al-Jahon Whitehurst, 11 to death before shooting Syasia McBorroughs, 23, to death
- McBorroughs was a college student who had been visiting the family at the time of the murders
- He became enraged after someone in the home reposted a police alert on Facebook that named Arrington as a suspect in another shooting, s*xual assault