Lauren Pazienza Wiki
Lauren Pazienza Biography
Who is Lauren Pazienza ?
A New York City event coordinator has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of an 87-year-old Broadway vocal coach.
Lauren Pazienza, 26, is in custody now in the death of Barbara Gustern, a beloved Broadway vocal coach who died on March 15.
Gustern was walking toward a taxi in front of her Chelsea apartment building when she was pushed from behind. A cyclist helped her up from her and she was taken to hospital “covered in blood” after hitting her head, but she died four days later.
On Saturday, the New York police released photos of a young redhead they said was responsible for the attack. She appeared to be boarding the subway soon after the attack.
That woman has now been identified as Pazienza
That woman has now been identified as Pazienza, who lives in Astoria, Queens, with her fiancé. Pazienza worked as an event coordinator for furniture brand Roche Bobois, according to her now-deleted LinkedIn page.
Her attorney told DailyMail.com on Tuesday that there is no evidence she pushed Gustern.
What they have is a photo of someone who looks like my client getting on the subway.
“This attack did not happen in the subway,” said lawyer Arthur Aidala. He said he will represent Pazienza in court this afternoon, where she intends to ask for bail.
She is from Port Jefferson, Long Island, and turned herself in to police Tuesday along with an attorney.
Gustern’s family has yet to comment on her arrest.
It is not clear if there is any connection between the pair or if it was a random attack.
On March 10, Gustern was walking to a taxi in front of her apartment building on 28th Street Chelsea when she was pushed from behind at 8:30 p.m. m.
He hit his head and went into a coma, then died four days later.
His grandson has been painstakingly searching for answers and keeping his loved ones updated on Facebook posts.
On Saturday, the New York police released photos of Pazienza boarding the subway near where the attack took place.
She turned herself in Tuesday with a lawyer and is now expected to be charged with involuntary manslaughter.
She lives in a one-bedroom apartment in Shore Towers, a doorman building in Astoria, with her fiancé Naveen Pereira.
The apartment was last sold in 2019 for $540,000, according to public records. Pazienza’s fiancé is listed as the owner, along with a relative of hers.
Pazienza and her fiancé attended high school in Port Jefferson.
Her parents, Daniel and Caroline, have yet to comment on her arrest.
Lauren Pazienza Quick and Facts
- Lauren Pazienza, 26, handed herself in this morning at the 10th Precinct
- The NYPD circulated photos of her on Saturday saying she was wanted for the death of Barbara Gustern
- Gustern died four days after being shoved in the street as she walked towards a cab on March 10
- Pazienza has now been charged with manslaughter and is due in court
- Her attorney tells DailyMail.com there is no proof she is responsible for the attack
- Pazienza is from Port Jefferson, Long Island, but now lives in Astoria, Queens
- She lives in Queens with her fiance, who is a customer service specialist for Microsoft
- Pazienza works as an events and comms communicator for designer furniture brand Roche Bobois